Monday, March 28, 2011

If I were the boss?

Being the boss is not an easy job. One can be hated and equally loved by one’s staff at the same time.

Like any other relationship, an employer, employee relationship requires constant work. Communication is the key between a happy and sustainable relationship and mutual respect is the cornerstone between these two stakeholders.

I would endeavour to have an open-door policy, but boundaries need to be set and employees need to follow the chain of command. My decisions would be based on what is best for the organisation that I work for. As stipulated in the King 3 Report, I would have my employees’ welfare at heart during my decision-making process.

Following these processes might not make me “Miss Congeniality”, but I promise that I would get the job done effectively and efficiently if I were the boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment